Feline, Canine and Equine Serum Amyloid A (SAA) AssayNotes
Serum amyloid A (SAA) is a major acute phase protein in many species including humans beings, dogs, cats and horses. The level of SAA proteins in blood increases within just a few hours following the onset of various inflammatory stimuli. These include infection, trauma and surgery. As a result of its short half-life, the concentration of SAA decreases rapidly following the removal or elimination of the source of inflammation.
Advanced ImmunoChemical now offers 8 monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) for the detection of canine and equine serum amyloid A (SAA), with 6 of the antibodies also detecting feline SAA. For calibration, we offer native purified recombinant equine, canine, and feline SAA proteins. The MAbs are sufficient for measurement in plasma with all recognizing equine and canine SAA, and 6 recognizing feline SAA in both ELISA and Western blotting as shown in our Feline, Canine, and Equine Serum Amyloid A (SAA) AssayNotes
Studies of equine SAA levels have discovered that SAA concentration measurement in blood is advantageous for monitoring of post-operative surgical wounds that may become inflamed. Equine arthritis and tenovaginitis, common joint diseases in horses, are also linked to SAA levels in synovial fluid. In comparison to C-reactive protein, another acute phase protein secreted in response to inflammation, SAA is shown to perform significantly better as a diagnostic test indicating sites of inflammation.
Animal SAA and SAA-related Product Details.
- #2-SAA-a Monoclonal mouse anti-serum amyloid A (SAA), animal
- #8-SAA-c Serum amyloid A (SAA), Canine, recombinant
- #8-SAA-f Serum amyloid A (SAA), Feline, recombinant
- #8-SAA-e Serum amyloid A (SAA), Equine, recombinant
- #2-CRP-c Monoclonal mouse anti-canine C-reactive protein (cCRP)
- #7-CRP-c Recombinant canine C-reactive protein (cCRP)
- #2-GhG Monoclonal mouse anti-glycated hemoglobin, human, HbA1c
- #1-IP Monoclonal mouse anti-rat-mouse insulin/proinsulin
- #2-CYSC Monoclonal mouse anti-cystatin C
- #5-AV1 Monoclonal mouse anti-astrovirus, serotype 1
See our other products for Veterinary Diagnostics.